Saturday, May 23, 2009

Save A Blade

I have always hated the fact that replacement shaving blades cost so much (the one I use is about $15 for ten of them, and I've seen other brands that are twice as much!) and I also love the shave I get out of a fresh new blade, so after seeing Save A Blade on TV I just had to buy one and give it a try! I just got it yesterday, and the instructions say it works best if you start using it on a new blade, as it does a better job of "honing" fresh blades and keeping them fresh as opposed to sharpening old dull ones. Since the blade I had in my shaver was already a week old, I started off with a brand new blade this morning and will use the Save A Blade on it every day and see how long this blade lasts for me. I normally change my blade once a week (but the last 2-3 shaves aren't anywhere near as good as the first few) so I'll be extremely happy if I get 200 shaves out of it! (although honestly, even if I got 40 or 50 shaves out of it, I would still be happy and would still save a ton of money) I'll let you guys know what I discover! I'm using it with a Gillette Sensor Excel by the way. Also, if you order one online, don't bother paying extra for expedited shipping (they say without that extra cost shipping it could take many weeks to arrive) because mine still arrived in just 4 business days even with the standard shipping method (although it helps that I live in Mississauga and the warehouse they shipped it from is in Mississauga)

No comments:

Post a Comment