Saturday, January 30, 2010

Washed my car in my garage

After a bunch of Long Island Iced Teas last night I went into my garage and saw the Corvette all covered in nasty road salt so I decided to give it a wash. It was way too cold outside (and dark too) so I just pulled out the wash bucket and hose and went to work right there in the garage! Because we've got a townhouse and the garage has no walls exposed to the elements, and our bedroom is also above it, the temperature never gets that cold in there (it was almost 50F when I washed it and even this morning when it was -2F outside, it was 44F inside the garage) I don't have a drain on the floor or anything, but was just careful not to spray too much water all over the place, and when I was done I cracked the garage door a little bit to let some of the excess water run out. Next time I try this I'll make sure to park the car more in the middle, as I did park it extremely close to the other wall in order to give myself more space to open my car door. So it was a little bit of a tight squeeze in there, but still manageable and it sure is better than waiting for a warmer day to do it in the driveway (I actually washed it the other day when it was 27F outside, but the sun was shining and there was no wind, so none of the water froze on me, but my fingers were still freezing cold when I was done!)

So I guess I come up with some pretty good ideas after a night of drinking eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment