Sunday, April 4, 2010

My first big contest win!

I finally won some big money in one of the many contests I enter! I was the grand prize winner in the Lotto 649 Ultimate Hockey Night contest last night, and won $6,649! It all started out with me getting a phone call on Wednesday about being one of 20 finalists who won two tickets to last night's Maple Leaf's hockey game, and when we got there they asked each of the finalists to pick a jersey with a number on it (I picked number 8). During the first period they had a draw and picked six numbers at random from one of the lottery machines (that spins the balls round and round) My jersey was the first one chosen, so that put me up against five other people in the second round of the contest. For this part we all went down onto center ice after the second period and we each had an oversized Lotto 649 ticket with six numbers on it. Then they started drawing balls out of the machine and whoever matched all of their six numbers first was the winner, and it was me! I'm so happy, this is my first big win! (and I have a good feeling there are more wins to come in 2010!)

No comments:

Post a Comment