Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pennzoil Ultra!

Thanks to a friend of mine who went on a trip to the US recently, I now have Pennzoil's newest synthetic oil, known as Ultra, running in the Corvette! It probably won't be sold here in Canada for a few more months (and when it does it'll be costly!), but I was super anxious to get it into the Corvette so I could run a full interval before the end of the year, then I can send it off for analysis to compare with Pennzoil Platinum, which is what I've been running in the Corvette for the past three years. I've had great results with Platinum but I'm hoping to see even lower engine wear numbers with Ultra. I paired it up with a Fram Extended Guard oil filter, these are very well built filters that have served me well so far. They are Fram's best filter, using metal end caps and a very slick 2 ply media backed by a wire mesh screen for added protection.

1 comment:

  1. The state of Florida required no sales of Pennzoil Ultra in Canada if they wanted to keep selling PU in the Sunshine State. Since all those "oil tycoons" retire down here anyway, they agreed. =P

    UnleashedBeast (Troy)

    P.S. Please ask BP to clean up this mess down here. Our Emerald Coast is ruined. =(

    ReplyDelete