Monday, April 27, 2009

The end of Pontiac

It's a sad day in the automotive world today, as GM announced that it's going to be killing off the Pontiac brand. :( I've had quite a few Pontiacs actually, a 93 Sunbird, 94 Grand Am GT, 95 Firebird Formula, 95 Trans Am, 97 Grand Prix GTP and my favorite Pontiac of all was my Blue Green Chameleon 98 Firebird Formula. The car was one of the best bangs for the buck out there, it was half the price of the C5 Corvette at the time, but came with the same awesome LS1 engine. With a few simple low cost modifications I had that Formula down to a 12.68 at 110.6 mph in the quarter mile. And even though I'm a huge Corvette fan and still love my 98 Corvette better than all of the cars I've owned in the past, I still have a soft spot for my old Formula. When I heard that the Camaro was coming back in 2010, I had hoped the Firebird would be revived also, and even though there were no plans in the works for that happening, the killing of Pontiac definitely puts the end to any chance of that happening. RIP Pontiac! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment