Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Can I make a living entering contests?

I've obviously got a lot of free time on my hands these days, being jobless and all, and so one of the things I've been doing is searching the internet for all kinds of free contests that I can enter. There are so many out there! Some of them only let you enter once, but a lot of them allow weekly and even daily entries, and some of them have some pretty big cash prizes too. Some are giving away cars, gift cards for various stores, and quite a few of them are giving away smaller prizes (I don't bother with those ones) It's mainly the cash prizes I'm interested in! :) But it's got me wondering, if there is anyone out there that has actually been able to make a living by winning contests? I suppose if you spend a few hours a day entering, you're bound to win a few things here and there. But could someone make enough to avoid having to go into work everyday? And would the Canadian government come after you for taxes if you ended up winning thousands and thousands of dollars every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment