Friday, March 6, 2009

My weight loss

I'm not even sure how many people are reading this blog, but I thought I'd shift gears a bit so you guys don't think I only talk about motor oil. :) This time I'm going to talk about how I have managed to get from 185 pounds in July 08 down to 164 in Mar 09. I got to the point where my size 34 pants were feeling very tight, so that's when I decided it was time to make some changes. I've always had the habit of going out for a 30-40 min walk on my lunch hour, but even that wasn't enough. So I made a few more changes. First one was to drink 2L of water a day. That helps a lot! Water has no calories, plus it cleanses your system. The second thing I did was to start eating more fiber. That also helps to cleanse your system. The third change I made was to spend 10 minutes every morning doing some mild weight lifting with a small dumb bell. I started out with a 10lb one, then after a month I switched to 15, and a couple of months after that, a 20lb one. I've heard that building muscle helps to burn more calories. The final change I made was to be a lot more careful with the calories. From Monday to Thursday I only eat about 1800 to 2000 calories a day. I allow myself one day (Friday) to eat a lot more, since that's my Steak Night! :) On Saturday and Sunday I try to keep the calories under 3000 also. With this method I've been losing about one pound per week. That's not a lot compared to the people on Biggest Loser that lose one pound per day, but I am also not spending 12 hours a day in the gym. :) So not only have I lost 21 pounds so far, but I can now fit into my size 32 pants again. My plan is to get down to around 150-155. So hopefully if anyone is reading this, and you want to lose a big of weight, you might want to try some of my ideas to see if they work for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment