Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When will the recession end?

Nobody knows the answer to this one, and I'm not a financial expert by any means, however this is my blog so I can say whatever I want. :) I am going to go out on a limb and say that it's going to begin to show signs of life by the beginning of this summer, and by summer 2010 it will be well on it's way to a full recovery. I also think that the stock markets are going to make some very major gains over the next few years, so a lot of investors are going to get very rich. This in turn will allow a lot of companies to rehire all the people that got laid off, and possibly even create a lot more jobs! I know I've learned a lot from this crisis, and will use that in order to better myself for the next recession. I'm definitely going to focus on paying down debt so that 20 years from now when we get another downturn, I might be ready to retire. The one key to a quick recovery right now is the media. The more they report on the positive news, the quicker it will recover, IMO. A lot of people right now are not spending money, not only because many of them have lost their jobs, but even the people that have jobs are just so afraid to spend, because the media has made out this crisis to be the end of the world. So with people not spending, it's only making things worse. But the media can turn this around too, they've got that power!

No comments:

Post a Comment