Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring is in the air!

Friday ended up being an amazingly warm day here, the first really nice day we've had this year! It got up to 18C, which is about 65F. I put the first coat of wax for the year on the Corvette, and was even wearing shorts for the first time of the year. It's always nice to get that first taste of spring a bit early like this, although I am realistic enough to know that winter isn't truly over yet. I'm willing to bet we'll get at least two more big snowstorms before this season is over. I never feel truly safe until we get past April 15th, as I do remember a huge snowstorm in mid April back in the early 80s. But with each passing week now, the chances of a big snowstorm get less and less, so I'm hoping this is the year we do get an early spring! At this point in time the 7 day forecast looks promising, no snow in the forecast. Time will tell though! Forecasting the weather is like throwing darts at a dartboard! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment